All Apps and Add-ons

Visualization question: Column vs Line chart

jonydupre
Path Finder

Hi,

I currently have a search which counts each unhealthy system for a set number of days. The idea is to get an idea if the numbers are increasing or decreasing. Currently I have a Column chart visualization, but I rather have a Line chart which give more of a visual perspective of the situation. This is the search:

index=linux  earliest=-1d@d latest=@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host
| stats count as TotalA
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=@d latest=now "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalB]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-2d@d latest=-1d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalC]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-3d@d latest=-2d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host
| stats count as TotalD]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-4d@d latest=-3d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalE]       
| eval Yesterday=TotalA 
| eval Today=TotalB
| eval Daybeforeyesterday=TotalC
| eval Daybeforethat=TotalD
| eval Daybeforethat1=TotalE
| fields HealthchecksError, Daybeforethat1, Daybeforethat, Daybeforeyesterday, Yesterday, Today

alt text

That's an example of the current visualization. Any idea which one I should choose or what I should change in the search? I can't get one to work..

Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...