All Apps and Add-ons

Visualization question: Column vs Line chart

jonydupre
Path Finder

Hi,

I currently have a search which counts each unhealthy system for a set number of days. The idea is to get an idea if the numbers are increasing or decreasing. Currently I have a Column chart visualization, but I rather have a Line chart which give more of a visual perspective of the situation. This is the search:

index=linux  earliest=-1d@d latest=@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host
| stats count as TotalA
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=@d latest=now "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalB]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-2d@d latest=-1d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalC]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-3d@d latest=-2d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host
| stats count as TotalD]
| appendcols 
[search index=linux earliest=-4d@d latest=-3d@d "healthcheck: System not healthy" | dedup host | stats count by host 
| stats count as TotalE]       
| eval Yesterday=TotalA 
| eval Today=TotalB
| eval Daybeforeyesterday=TotalC
| eval Daybeforethat=TotalD
| eval Daybeforethat1=TotalE
| fields HealthchecksError, Daybeforethat1, Daybeforethat, Daybeforeyesterday, Yesterday, Today

alt text

That's an example of the current visualization. Any idea which one I should choose or what I should change in the search? I can't get one to work..

Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...