All Apps and Add-ons

VMware Add-on: How to create search that shows the system's overall CPU consumption from all hosts in the last 4 hours?

StefanW
Path Finder

Hello,

I am new to Splunk and we want to monitor our VMware environment. We installed the VMware app and add-on from Splunk to get data in. This is working, but the reports and dashboards are not what we need. It's too much and we only want some simple values.

I tried to build my own searches, but it's hard for me to find the data that I need.

Is there any explanation for how to work with the add-on data, or is there a better/simpler way to get the data from vSphere into Splunk?

To start simple, I want a search to show me the system's overall CPU consumption from all hosts in the last 4 hours.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...