All Apps and Add-ons

Using the Google Maps Add-on for Splunk Enterprise, why am I getting "n/a" for all locations?

clairebesson
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I have two sources with longitude and latitude fields. I have displayed on a map longitude and latitude for these two sources :

source="source1" OR source="source2" | geostats latfield=latitude longfield=longitude count by source

Right now I have pie charts on my map, but I want markers on each location. I've read on Splunk Answers that it's only possible to do that with Google Map.
I have installed Google Map app and tried to display location for my first source:

source="source1" | geostats latfield=latitude longfield=longitude count by source

It didn't work and I had this:
alt text

Could you please help me with that ?
Thanks in advance !

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think the problem is that the internal geolocation database doesnt know what location this is. In fact, google maps doesnt know either. I see google search recognizes it as a fire department's location.

So what you need to do is provide your own location field lookup.

I think once you fill in the "location" field on your own, it will show up in this table. Just a hunch though. I've never used geostats.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @clairebesson

I edited your post and noticed both of your searches had longfield=lontitude, but it should have been longitude. I'm not sure if that was a typo in the actual search you used if you just copy and pasted the search, or if you manually typed it out and accidentally had a typo when describing your issue in your question. If that didn't help, hopefully someone else will come along and help you further troubleshoot your issue.

0 Karma

clairebesson
Explorer

Hey ! thanks for your comment. It's a typo as I manually typed 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...