All Apps and Add-ons

Upgrading Standalone Search Head App

splkmika1
Explorer

I have a Splunk Enterprise distributed environment setup with 1 search head, 2 Clustered indexers, a Cluster master, and a Deployment Server/License Server.

I recently installed both the Cisco-networks-add-on-for-splunk-enterprise_254 and the cisco-networks-app-for-splunk-enterprise_254 on my search head. Today I upgraded the cisco networks app from 254 to 255 using the following cli command:

./splunk install app <app_package_filename> -update 1 -auth <username>:<password>

This appeared to upgrade the app ok and it fixed the issue that I was having with the Overview Dashboard, however have noticed that if I click on App:Cisco Networks>Inventory>Interfaces, then I get the following error:

Error in 'PivotProcessor':Error in 'PivotUtil': The dataset 'interface' has no field 'index'

I am using a custom index for my cisco syslogs. Do I need to modify the app accordingly?

renjith_nair
Legend

@splkmika1 , the customization including the index (if you have put in the default) might have been overwritten by the installation/upgrade of new app. Since you have already updated the app, just have a look at the configuration files especially indexes.conf to see if your customization still exists

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...