All Apps and Add-ons

Update apps in Search Heads from deployer

Jhojan

Hello,

Last week I've been trying to implement a JS script in a distributed environment, and while it worked fine in a single machine, the replication has not been made in all of the SH.

The question is: How can I deploy the changes made alongside the SH ? , already tried to use the command: splunk reload deploy-server

and while it didn't return any error message, the changes were not made. As a workaround I've tried to apply the changes in a SH then wait for it to replicate in the others, which seemingly worked fine. Still, isn't there a way (like the command listed before) to force changes among the SH ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you individual SH's which you are managing by Deployment Server or have you a SH Cluster with Deployer?

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

You need to push updated apps from the deployer server to all the search heads in the cluster.

If you make a change on one of the search head and it is replicated to other search heads then you don't need to push the apps but if not replicated then you need to copy changes (app directory) from that search head server($SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster/apps/<app>/)) to the deployer server (in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<app>/) and push to all search heads.

Check this: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Jhojan,

the command "splunk reload deploy-server" isn't for Deployer but ony for Deployment Server.

if you have to deploy a configuration from Deployr to Search Heads in Cluster you have to use the command

splunk apply shcluster-bundle -target <URI>:<management_port> -auth <username>:<password>

described at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/DistSearch/PropagateSHCconfigurationchanges#Push_...

or, preserving lookups:

splunk apply shcluster-bundle -target <URI>:<management_port> -preserve-lookups true -auth <username>:<password>

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...