All Apps and Add-ons

URL Toolbox: What is the most efficient way to map URLs with IPs to meaningful names to graph on a time chart?

caradoc

Using URL Toolbox to parse out ut_domain for varying levels of analysis - I've come up with a couple of different ways to map ut_domain to some meaningful name instead of winding up with a timechart of eight IP addresses all graphed separately with a few additional entries (google.com, apple.com, etc.), but I'm at a loss as to the most efficient way to do it. Making individual DNS queries for each unqualified IP in ut_domain is not very efficient. Placing a table of "if this is the IP in ut_domain, use this string instead for ut_domain" seems to work, but I have to think there's a better way.

Thoughts?

0 Karma

janderson19
Path Finder

You could put those IPs and their names into a lookup table. I personally don't know much about lookups buy you could try it

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/SearchReference/Lookup

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...