I have 2 questions regarding the setup of the Twilio app from the documentation (https://apps.splunk.com/app/1765/#/documentation 😞
1) Step 2 "Edit log collection scripts" talks about running the 2 scripts
$ python get_call_logs.py
$ python get_sms_logs.py
How do we run these 2 scripts?
2) Step 3 "Configure input" says we have to Replace "$SPLUNK_HOME" with the correct directory of your Splunk installation. Will it be something like:
1) right now you need to place the scripts outside of your Splunk installation with the Twilio Python library installed (https://github.com/twilio/twilio-python). You will need to create some sort of job to run the script. I am currently improving the app to fix this awkward setup.
2) just point the file path to where ever the scripts (explained above) write the CSV file out to.
question 1) In 2)
1 . you create your sript if it no exite.
2. you put your into .conf file matching, in script stanza
Note: in you stanza jost specific the path where you script is there like this example below.
authType = Scripted
authSettings = script
scriptPath = "$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/python"
question 2) In 3)
- the correct directory of your Splunk installation on LINIX is /opt/ and
where you run CLI on splunk is /opt/splunk/bin/
- the correct directory of your Splunk installation on windows is C:\Program Files\ and
SPLUNK_HOME= C:\Program Files\Splunk>
where you run CLI on splunk is C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\
my english is very bad sorry.