All Apps and Add-ons

Tried accessing an API using bearer tokens TA-Webtools, getting SSL error- How do I fix?

kgiri253
Explorer

Tried accessing an API using bearer tokens TA-Webtools but I am getting SSL error as shown below.

I tried verifyssl=false still I am getting the same error. Please help me solve this

kgiri253_1-1663149592186.png

kgiri253_2-1663149665654.png

@jkat54 

Labels (1)

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The latest version forces verify=True on ALL connections and can't be overridden.  That's so we could obtain cloud compatibility.

you can use an older version of the app if you're not in splunk cloud.  If you are in splunk cloud, and perhaps even if you're not... another fix (perhaps better idea) is to setup proper TLS/SSL on the host you're attempting to connect to.

0 Karma

kgiri253
Explorer

@jkat54thanks a lot I downloaded an older version and it worked for me. But now the issue is that I am getting the response in the form of curl message. But I wanted the whole response as events so that I could get auto extracted fields.

Please let me know if you have a solution to this.

Thanks once again 🙂

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the solution is to use SPL commands to extract the fields from the curl_response field.

if it's json response, try | spath

if it's csv, try | kv

try | rex field=curl_response "(?<extractedFieldName>REGEXHERE)"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...