All Apps and Add-ons

Timeline custom visualization - Min/max colors settings don't impact categorical display mode colors.

AlexGaz
Explorer

Hi,

I don't manage to open a support case so I'm writing here: I'm using Timeline custom visualization (Splunk 6.6.2) and I'm seeing that colors range for categorical display mode seem to be fixed, regardless min/max colors you've set.

Sequential display mode correctly reflect colors you set instead.

Do you have same problem?

Many thanks and regards,
Alessandro.

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@AlexGaz, it is expected for the Categorical Colors to pick default series colors defined in Splunk. They are not dependent on Min/Max color because they are not sequential.

If you want to override default Series Colors assigned via Categorical Colors, you might have to do the same using CSS. If your Series name is fieldName1, you will have to override following CSS

.cccat-fieldName1 {
   fill: red !important;
   srtoke: red !important;
}

Please try out and let us know. I had answered a question on similar lines last month, however, I am unable to find the same.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@AlexGaz, it is expected for the Categorical Colors to pick default series colors defined in Splunk. They are not dependent on Min/Max color because they are not sequential.

If you want to override default Series Colors assigned via Categorical Colors, you might have to do the same using CSS. If your Series name is fieldName1, you will have to override following CSS

.cccat-fieldName1 {
   fill: red !important;
   srtoke: red !important;
}

Please try out and let us know. I had answered a question on similar lines last month, however, I am unable to find the same.

AlexGaz
Explorer

Hi niketnilay,

ok, I didn't know they were linked to default Splunk colors: yes, it works (just changing "cccat" and "srtoke" into "ccat" and "stroke" :)).

Thank you!

niketn
Legend

@AlexGaz, Glad to know it worked. I have converted to Answer. Please accept to mark as answered!

AlexGaz
Explorer

Of course!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...