All Apps and Add-ons

The lookup table 'wmi_version_range_lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WMI:Version'.

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

After installing the latest windows app, 4.5, on a search head, we started to see the following errors

The lookup table 'wmi_version_range_lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WMI:Version'.
The lookup table 'windows_vendor_info_lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'source::*:System'.

How can I solve this issue?

1 Solution

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a bug with missing a configuration in the latest windows app.

To fix this issue, edit $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/windows/metadata/local.meta

and, add following line;

[lookups]
export = system

View solution in original post

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a bug with missing a configuration in the latest windows app.

To fix this issue, edit $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/windows/metadata/local.meta

and, add following line;

[lookups]
export = system

dbriggs

I'm getting exact same error after upgrading from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2. This solution doesn't resolve the problem in my case. And looking in the defualt.meta file this parameter already exists under the [lookups] tag. I also added to local.meta, no go.

0 Karma

alexoldman
Explorer

that worked a treat - thanks

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks, Alex. I was looking for your answer, that link.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...