All Apps and Add-ons

TLS certificates for python apps?

adrianblakey

I am using the TA-github app to connect to a local github application. The logs says:

11-13-2018 12:00:30.611 -0800 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Github/bin/github_api_repos_commits.py" SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:603)
11-13-2018 12:00:30.635 -0800 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-Github/bin/github_api_repos_commits.py" ERROR[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:603)

Where to I have to save the TLS cert for my server?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

adrianblakey

After some poking around - and running this: python -c "import requests; print requests.certs.where()"

It emits this: /opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/cacert.pem

I cat'd my cert to the end of this file - but still the same error ...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...