All Apps and Add-ons

TA-Tomato: parsing log file vs UDP

ys

I'm configuring TA-Tomato to process logs from DD-WRT router.  I've successfully configured data input to listen on UDP/514 port with source type "tomato" and it receives logs from my router just fine.  However, this only works for basic logs detailed logs showing both accepted and dropped packets overwhelm the router.  I want to capture detailed logs.

My router has no problem logging detailed logs into a file, so I've configured router to write log to a directory I've made accessible on the network.   I've mounted this directory on the Splunk server.

When I changed the data input to a file, logs are not correctly parsed.  I only see "tomato:dnsmasq-dhcp" sourcetypes, yet I've confirmed other logs are present in the file.  Why are they not picked up?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...