All Apps and Add-ons

Stream Splunk_SSLActivity - no common name

johnansett
Communicator

Hello! I have deployed Splunk Stream v7.1.3 and configured to collect Splunk_SSLActivity.

Events are coming through but the SSL Activity Informational Dashboards do not work.

Other dashboards/events are fine (e.g. HTTP, DNS), but when I look at the Splunk_SSLActivity data there is no common name/domain name.
I do have a field "ssl_subject" which sometimes contains CN = *.site.com OR CN = SplunkDefaultCert. In some events there is just "CN":

C = US, postalCode = 90000, ST = California, L = Newport, street = 1 PCH, O = Splunk, OU = Information Security, OU = Issued through Splunk, OU = InstantSSL Pro, CN

It looks like the app is expecting a field which isn't extracted, although both TA and App is installed (this is SplunkCloud) and the data is forwarded directly from Win and Linux hosts UF -> SplunkCloud.

I'm not sure if I can totally trust the data and while I can extract the field to match dashboard I am more concerned about WHY it's not working.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...