All Apps and Add-ons

Status Indicator not working fine

giorgiovolpini

Hi,

we have a strange behaviour with status indicator visualization on a dashboard.

We have two status indicator with the same search, but the first use a base search for the first part of the search (eg: index=main).

The first visualize the status indicator with a color and the second with another color, but if i open the searches they have the same result set.

Is it a bug or we have to set something?

Thank you

0 Karma

giorgiovolpini

Hi,

I found the problem: the base search was index=myindex; but using this kind of search in a base search there is a limit about the number of fields. So I added "| fields myfield1 myfield2" after the first part, where myfield1 and myfield2 are the fields used in the sub-searches that populate status indicators.

So, i solved 🙂

Bye

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@giorgiovolpini please accept your own answer to mark this question as answered.

PS: Be aware that Status Indicator with Post Process search where base search returns too many results may lead to truncated result.

efavreau
Motivator

@giorgiovolpini Please show the XML involved with both panels.

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...