All Apps and Add-ons

Splunking Oracle AWR and ASM data

nbharadwaj
Path Finder

Oracle contains a lot of information about processing/performance and storage.

1) Oracle Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) has processing/performance data. Currently we have a cron job that queries Oracle system tables, and dumps the output into a file in a tabular format, much like a SQL command output. This is per hour.

2) Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) has storage usage data. Currently we have a cron job that queries Oracle system tables, and dumps the output into a file in a tabular format, much like a SQL command output. This is per day.

Looking for best practice around how to splunk all this data. Ideally the file approach would be best- and potentially the SQL scripts could be changed to output in a specific format. Has anyone splunked any of this data successfully?

Tags (1)

oldmonk7

Hi,

I also want to know if splunk can use Oracle AWR report html files. I tried to load but did not see any result. Can someone has tried this.

0 Karma

tpaulsen
Contributor

Hey, we were wondering the same question recently. I think the main problem here is that the AWR output is already a long report. Splunk would need not only to collect the several tables as multiline events, but also would have to create fields out of each multiline event tab. Difficult one.

Any suggestions, please?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...