All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Asset Discovery: How to troubleshoot why I am getting no results and if the script is running on Ubuntu 14.04

chrislibby
Engager

I'm trying to get Splunk for Asset Discovery working. The scripts work fine from the command line, and Splunk is running as root so it should work. However, there are no results and I cannot tell if the script is running. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi chrislibby,

like in the docs of the app written you have to change line 111 of nmap.sh to be like this:

nmap $nargs $target #2>/dev/null

to get nmap errors. Also check for errors related to the script in splunkd.log

index=_internal nmap.sh

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi chrislibby,

like in the docs of the app written you have to change line 111 of nmap.sh to be like this:

nmap $nargs $target #2>/dev/null

to get nmap errors. Also check for errors related to the script in splunkd.log

index=_internal nmap.sh

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

chrislibby
Engager

That lead me to these errors, which adding "unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH" fixed.

12-21-2015 09:44:32.005 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/asset_discovery/bin/nmap.sh" nmap: /opt/splunk/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by nmap)
12-21-2015 09:44:32.004 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/asset_discovery/bin/nmap.sh" nmap: /opt/splunk/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL_1.0.0' not found (required by nmap)

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/105439/no-port-scan-data.html

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If this solved your problem and answered your question, please accept the answer - thanks 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...