All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk app Setup page to dynamically select the Index

mayureshpatil95
Observer

Hi Team,

I am looking to create splunk app in which in setup page there will drop down which will ask for select splunk index. and with that index I want to update my savedsearches.config which I am using to trigger alert.

I have create this page like

<form version="1.1" theme="light"> <label>App Setup</label> <fieldset submitButton="true"> <input type="dropdown" token="selected_index" searchWhenChanged="true"> <label>Select Index</label> <search> <query>| eventcount summarize=false index=* | dedup index | table index</query> </search> <default>ibm_defender</default> <fieldForLabel>index</fieldForLabel> <fieldForValue>index</fieldForValue> </input> </fieldset> <!-- Button Row --> <row> <button label="Submit"> <set token="form_submit">1</set> <redirect> <uri>/app/ibm_storage_defender/ibm_storage_defender_events</uri> </redirect> </button> </row> </form>

but here submit button is not working setup page stay there on reload is working 

also is my approach correct in my savesarches config I have configure query like

#search = index="$selected_index$" source=mp-defender message="Potential threat detected" | eval rule_title="High severity alert for Potential threat events", urgency="High.

Also please suggest if there is any better option for this 

mayureshpatil95_0-1727425135646.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

mayureshpatil95
Observer

mayureshpatil95_0-1727425090028.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Case Study: How LSU’s Student-Powered SOCs and Splunk Are Shaping the Future of ...

Louisiana State University (LSU) is shaping the next generation of cybersecurity professionals through its ...

Splunk and Fraud

Join us on November 13 at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET!Join us for an insightful webinar where we delve into the ...

Build Your First SPL2 App!

Watch the recording now!.Do you want to SPL™, too? SPL2, Splunk's next-generation data search and preparation ...