All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk add-on for Zenoss in a Search head clustered environment?

rpquinlan
Path Finder

We're running into some issues with the Splunk add-on for Zenoss in our SHC environment, specifically around the credentials that must be stored for the Zenoss environment. Often times, we see the error "sendmodaction - signature="Failed to get password for user xxxx, realm xxxx. Verify credential account exists. User who scheduled alert must have Admin privileges. - 'None' has no attribute 'feed'" in the logs. This seems to happen when...

1. A previously saved alert that was working is modified, or...
  2. Services on the SHC are restarted, or...
  3. New config bundles are pushed to the SHC from the deployment server.

The add-on (and my configuration of it) works just fine from a single search head (our license master server for example), but that's not really a production solution - it needs to run in the search head cluster. Has anyone been there, done that and have tips? It seems to me like it has something to do with the way the credentials are stored and retrieved within the Add-on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...