All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk add-on for ServiceNow - How to send csv results from alert action?

jformosa

I would either like to send the results table as the description field to ServiceNow or be able to pass the csv results and attach it to the opened incident ticket.
The goal is to work the ticket from ServiceNow without having to go into Splunk to review the results.

As of now in the description field i am passing
$result.src_ip$ $result.dest_ip$ $result.threat_intel_list$ $result.threat_match_field$ $result.threat_collection$ $result.original_sourcetype$ $result.count$
but the only passes the first result of the report.

Has anyone be able to pass the all the search results into a single ServiceNow ticket?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

joga
Observer

have you got any solution for this? I am willing to attach the csv of the results to be attached in the SNOW ticket. That would be really great.

0 Karma

joga
Observer

I am also working on case like this. How ever I found a way to do the same using existing integration.  You can use the | stats to output all the results in one column. It will be messy for sure. Also in Service now ticket there is a character limit to all the fields like description , short description. you have to keep that in mind too before setting up alert like this.

| stats values(fieldname) by some field

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...