All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk add-on builder error - v4.0.0

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Getting following error when installing Splunk Enterprise v8.2.2 and Splunk Add-on-builder 4.0.0
Any idea what must be going on?

Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

File Integrity checks found 1 files that did not match the system-provided manifest. Review the list of problems reported by the InstalledFileHashChecker in splunkd.log File Integrity Check View ; potentially restore files from installation media, change practices to a...Learn more.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Tyler
Explorer

It's likely due to the lxml module. Check out my reply here as I've solved the error: https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/After-installing-Splunk-Add-on-Builder-why-do-I...

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@SailPoint_IDPlu 

For:  Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..

=> Is there any inputs configured ??? If not can you please try by adding sample input and check log again?? 

KV

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Hi @kamlesh_vaghela :

I am in the process of upgrading apps to the newest version of JQuery and getting this error immediately as soon as I install add-on builder v4.0.0 on Splunk enterprise v8.2.2
Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

@kamlesh_vaghela : Yes there are 3 data inputs configured. 
I do not get error with Splunk Add-on-builder 3.1.1

0 Karma

janderson255
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have the same issue and here are the associated log entries

index=_* addon-builder validation_mi ERROR

10-27-2021 09:17:47.431 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - Unable to initialize modular input "validation_mi" defined in the app "splunk_app_addon-builder": Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: script running failed (exited with code 1)..
10-27-2021 09:17:47.430 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: ImportError: cannot import name 'etree' from 'lxml' (/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/__init__.py)
10-27-2021 09:17:47.429 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/html/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.429 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/data_input_util.py", line 12, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.428 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/ko_util/sourcetype_util.py", line 5, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.427 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/ko_util/ko_common_util.py", line 6, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.427 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/ta_generator/builder_ta_validation.py", line 10, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.425 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py", line 10, in <module>
10-27-2021 09:17:47.424 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: ImportError: cannot import name 'etree' from 'lxml' (/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/splunk_app_add_on_builder/lxml/__init__.py)
10-27-2021 09:17:47.423 -0400 ERROR ModularInputs [21679 MainThread] - <stderr> Introspecting scheme=validation_mi: File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/tabuilder_utility/data_input_util.py", line 10, in <module>

Also, if I run the validation_mi.py manually, I get the following syntax error in the part of the code the returns exit code 0 (as per the Splunk GUI message and Splunk _internal log events)

% python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py          

File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_addon-builder/bin/validation_mi.py", line 139

print(hlp % sys.argv[0], file=sys.stderr)

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Here is the snippet of code in validation_my.py where the error occ

def usage():
"""
Print usage of this binary
"""

hlp = "%s --scheme|--validate-arguments|-h"
print(hlp % sys.argv[0], file=sys.stderr)
sys.exit(1)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...