All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_TA_aws, aws_iam_role and VPC endpoints

antonyp

Hello,

I want to install a Splunk forwarder in an EC2 to collect AWS metrics but i have a problem.
I configured AWS_STS_REGIONAL_ENDPOINTS=regional environment variable to use regional endpoint instead of generic sts.amazonaws.com. The goal is to call private VPC endpoints to speak with AWS services. But I can't find a proper way to configure sts region to use. Default region seems to be hard coded in DEFAULT_REGION (/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/credentials.py).

For now I use sed -i 's/us-west-1/eu-west-1/g' /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_aws/bin/splunk_ta_aws/common/credentials.py to fix my problem but is it very ugly. Do you know a proper way to do that ? Maybe a feature request ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...