All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk TA-Windows-Exchange-IIS vs sourcetype=IIS

BP9906
Builder

Hello,
I have the Splunk App for Exchange but Splunk documentation is unclear on how to handle my situation.
I have servers with IIS and thus IIS logs, so my generic ALL-WINDOWS server class detects the IIS logs and sets the sourcetype=iis so that all the fields get parsed properly.

The Splunk TA for Exchange IIS is here but obviously my Exchange_IIS Serverclass is lesser precedence. Regardless, it doesnt make sense that TA-Windows-Exchange-IIS sets sourcetype=MSWindows:2008R2:IIS when it misses out on the dynamic IIS log parsing.

How can I make all the Exchange dashboards properly populate using sourcetype=iis?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...