All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk_TA_Snow, was working and now throwing error "Failed to validate ServiceNow account or detect release info. Please verify credentials, urls for ServiceNow and proxy, and try again. Reason=%s"

Log_wrangler
Builder

So I was testing the SNOW TA with data from a URL like dev.company.servicenow.com.

I was only collecting two tables sys_email and syslog_transaction, worked great for weeks.

Today I switched out the URL to prod.company.servicenow.com, and changed the password. Username stayed the same and table permissions were the same.

When I changed the pwd I got this error
Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_snow/service_now_setup/snow_proxy/snow_proxy

I ran a query and got some data, but it stopped at 2000 events.

I checked service_now.conf and it shows the new password. So it looks like it took.

When I check splunkd.log, I see:

ERROR AdminManagerExternal - Failed to validate ServiceNow account or detect release info. Please verify credentials, urls for ServiceNow and proxy, and try again. Reason=%s

Please advise how to troubleshoot this.

Thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

Log_wrangler
Builder

So I got it to work again after repeated username and password saves!!!

IMO this TA seems buggy... just saying

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Log_wrangler
Builder

So I got it to work again after repeated username and password saves!!!

IMO this TA seems buggy... just saying

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...