Add-on: Splunk Support Add-on for Active Directory (v214)
I am new to Splunk, so thought it would be good to configure this first to get some info about our AD (Active Directory). Installed the add-on (once via the web, and another time via zip file) and got to the configuration screen, where I tested my config successfully, but it wouldn't allow me to save the config.
I have looked around and people have suggested installing it as an upgrade via zip file, I did that and it didn't work. I've tried putting the AD account password plain text in the ldap.conf file as recommended elsewhere - but it has made no difference.
I may be being a bit of an amateur but this has got me stumped.
I am currently using the 'default' profile, but from what I've read this shouldn't made a difference.
Hi, I believe there may be a bug in the UI implementation in that the button doesn't appear to do anything, but behind the scenes in the .conf files, changes are in fact made.
I got this info from Splunk PS so I haven't seen this with my own eyes.
I would suggest logging this with Splunk Support.
You are correct... The save button does nothing, but I checked actual file that it was wrote to and the encryption for the password did indeed change. I'm on 8.0.3, that UI bug should be fixed...
Having the same problem here, except I can't even test the connection. None of the buttons (Save, Test connection, or the "+" and "-") seem to do anything, regardless of what browser I use.