All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk MINT: Is the a way to initialize the OkHTTP instrumentation without Gradle Plugin?

bhawkins4194

I am looking to see if there is a way to initialize the OkHTTP Instrumentation without using the Gradle Plugin. I have tried 5.1 and 5.2 and both of them cause issues with the application. In 5.1, I had an NPE on the Logger and in 5.2, it fails to include a library causing ClassNotFound crashes. Specifically the issue is with Google Guava and the CacheBuilder class.

I would prefer the plugin not to rewrite my code and I would prefer to add it in myself.

Is there any way to do this? This is a huge reason we are going with Splunk MINT as we need to track our API responses for an SLA.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Without Gradle plug-in, it may be possible to initialize the OkHTTP instrumentation. However, this has not been developed or tested, and would not be supported by the MINT Team.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...