All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk MINT: How to troubleshoot error "Mint SDK is not initialized"?

Jooyoung
Path Finder

When I run my app in Android Studio, "Mint SDK is not initialized" error found.

I think I already initialized the Mint SDK, like this :

Mint.initAndStartSessionHEC(this.getApplication(),"(my server address)/services/collector/mint","(token)");

(I downloaded 'mint-plugin-repo-5.2.0' and config all dependencies and another setup.)

What's wrong about initialization!?

please answer my question.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Jooyoung
Path Finder

I solved the problem about SDK initialization.

The SDK initialization issue has disappeared after clearing the HEC SSL checkbox.

It works well now.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

I solved the problem about SDK initialization.

The SDK initialization issue has disappeared after clearing the HEC SSL checkbox.

It works well now.

Thanks.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Android Studio are you using? SDK 5.2.0 does not support Android Studio 2.2. Support for 2.2 will be released in SDK 5.2.1.

If you are unable to initialize after following requirements for installation and step-by-step instructions, be sure to review "a few more details are necessary" section here.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please send your project key to mobilesupport@splunk.com with re: "How to troubleshoot error "Mint SDK is not initialized"? so we can view the mobile app project you setup.

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

I want to send data over HTTP or HTTPS directly to Splunk Enterprise 6.5.1 (latest version) or Splunk Enterprise 6.5 instance. So I used Mint.initAndStartSessionHEC(this.getApplication(),"(my server address)/services/collector/mint","(token)"); this method.

My Android Studio Version: 2.1.2
Splunk Enterpise instance Version: 6.5.1
Mint sdk Version: 5.2.0
Also my android gradle version is 2.1.2
"classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.1.2"

please refer to my android spec.
And please give me an answer.

Thank you.

0 Karma

croyal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Mint.initAndStartSessionHEC is initialization to send data over HTTP or HTTPS directly to Splunk Enterprise 6.4. Do you have a Splunk Enterprise 6.4 instance? If you want to send data to MINT Management Console, cloud service, then you would use Mint.initAndStartSession(this.getApplication(), "YOUR_API_KEY");

If you are still unable to initialize, please let us know where you are planning to view data.

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

I want to send data over HTTP or HTTPS directly to Splunk Enterprise 6.5.1 (latest version) or Splunk Enterprise 6.5 instance. So I used Mint.initAndStartSessionHEC(this.getApplication(),"(my server address)/services/collector/mint","(token)"); this method.

My Android Studio Version: 2.1.2
Splunk Enterpise instance Version: 6.5.1
Mint sdk Version: 5.2.0

Thank you.

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

Also my android gradle version is 2.1.2
"classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.1.2"

please refer to my android spec.

Thank you.

0 Karma

Jooyoung
Path Finder

My Android Studio version is 2.1.2.
I already read about that contents. My Adnroid Studio version is not 2.2 , but "Mint SDK is not initialized"
error continuously found.
please answer my comment.

Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...