All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk JavaScript API- Why do I get an error when I try to use SDK to login remotely?

BryanK

const splunkjs = require('splunk-sdk');

const service = new splunkjs.Service({
    host: "xxxxxx",
    port: xxxx,
    username: "administrator",
    password: "xxxxxx",
    scheme: "https",
    version: "default"
}
);

const init = new splunkjs.Service
service.login(function(err, success) {
    if (err) {
        throw err;
    } else {
        console.log('Logged in successfully');
    }
}
);

Hey, 
I was trying to use the SDK to login remotely however the server keeps returning an error message as shown below. I even tried using postman on the local splunk server but it gives the same error as well. 

{
  response: { headers: {}, statusCode: 600 },
  data: undefined,
  error: Error: write EPROTO 22680:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\record\ssl3_record.c:332:

at WriteWrap.onWriteComplete [as oncomplete] (node:internal/stream_base_commons:94:16) {
    errno: -4046,
    code: 'EPROTO',
    syscall: 'write'
  }
}

However on the local server I am able to login just fine with the code shown below however I really don't want to do development on the splunk server directly as its quite a pain

const service = new splunkjs.Service({
    username: "xxx",
    password: "xxx"
}
);

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...