All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect compatibility: Can I connect to ERP, SAP, Gentrack, Oracle, MSI, and ITRON with Splunk DB Connect?

Mandarvpradhan6

Hi Splunk SME,
I have a IT system landscape involving 3 to 4 different type of systems such as ERP (SAP, Gentrack or Oracle), MSI (Market System Interface), ITRON (Metering Data Management system) etc.
1. Is It possible to use Splunk DB-Connect to connect to all of these and pull data from them at regular intervals? What is the best practice to do this?
2. Once data is available in Splunk Indexer, is it possible to apply customization or business rules to filter data that is not relevant to be presented on dashboard?
3. What's the best way to do customization after DB-Connect start pulling out data from different sources?
4. The end state is to produce a dashboard with data in real time. Does Splunk DB-Connect has it's own visualisation or dashboard capabilities or applications such as Tableu to be hooked up to serve the purpose?
5. Does above requirements requires Splunk DB-connect as only product or combination of Splunk DB-connect and Splunk enterprise?
6. What's the minimum licensing cost involved if database grows 2-3GB / per day with current consumption of memory being 2.3 TB of data.
7. Is it possible to have someone from Splunk community to discuss answers to above questions over call?

Thanks
Mandar Pradhan.

0 Karma

rsmith_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mandar, I have connected with you on email so that I can assist with pricing. I look forward to supporting your question.

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Dear Mandar,
Answers is a public forum with questions answered by Splunk users, so some of these questions can be broken down to multiple posts if you don't get an answer to each question from this post. I'm looking on our end to see who can best answer your 5-7 questions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...