All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect - Change format to exclude milliseconds in Timestamp or Date as Rising column

manunr5899

We are using Splunk DB Connect 3.4.0 and have setup a Database input with a timestamp column as Rising column. I can see that Splunk uses milliseconds precision in the rising column field for timestamps, but our DBA is complaining that querying the DB with millisecond precision is causing issues at their end. The database is an Oracle one.

I have tried changing the Rising column to DateTime field but again that having millisecond precision, although in the database I can verify it having till seconds.

Is there anyway I can change the rising column precision to seconds and would that be the right thing to do for rising timestamps/DateTime fields?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

manunr5899

Is there any solution for this? Can someone please help with the query

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...