All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

Splunk DB Connect: Are drivers for Teradata unsupported?

Path Finder

Hi,

I have to create in Splunk DB Connect a new database connection for teradata.

I have recover the drivers TeraJDBC 14.00.00.44 and insert in /bin/lib of splunk db app but when I verify the drivers it says unsupported and when I try to create the connection I have the below error:

com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.44] [Error 165] [SQLState HY000] isValid: function not supported in this version 
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Splunk DB Connect: Are drivers for Teradata unsupported?

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma
Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So, per the documentation jcoates listed above, you need to be at version 15.00.00.07 of the Teradata JDBC driver.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Explorer

I could not get the drivers to show they were installed when going to the Drivers tab of the DB Connect Settings page when following this instructions here - http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.0.1/DeployDBX/Installdatabasedrivers#Supported_databases

It stated - From inside the TeraJDBC... directory, copy or move the two .JAR files (terajdbc4.jar to the $SPLUNKHOME/etc/apps/splunkappdbconnect/drivers and tdgssconfig.jar to the $SPLUNKHOME/etc/apps/splunkappdb_connect/drivers/terajdbc4-libs) directory.

I was able to get the drivers to show up as installed and it listed the driver version when I put the files in $SPLUNKHOME/etc/apps/splunkappdbconnect/lib folder instead. When I tried to connect to a Teradata instance I received an error - "Could not initialize class com.teradata.tdgss.jtdgss.TdgssManager". Restarting Splunk made the error go away and allowed me to connect to and pull data from Teradata