All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I unable to load the MS SQL driver?

ctaf
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to set up a connection in the Splunk DB Connect 2 app, but it doesn't find the driver:

failed: java.sql.SQLException:,Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'

I installed JAVA:

java version "1.8.0_66"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b17, mixed mode)

The DB-Connect app find JAVA after I enter the JAVA_HOME variable.

I copied the sqljdbc4.jar file from microsoft to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/

After restarting Splunk, it still doesn't find the driver.

Any ideas ?

PS: I tried to set up the CLASSPATH var as this post described : https://answers.splunk.com/answers/235666/splunk-db-connect-2-the-driver-class-commysqljdbcd.html but it doesn't work.

0 Karma
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator

*- put .jar file to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib/ directory.
and not in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/ directory.
*- don't use .jar file of windows on Linux, ...

1. Download the MySQL Connector/J driver, version 5.1.24 or later (mysql-connector-java-*-bin.jar).
  2. For Unix, Linux, and OS X, select the Platform Independent driver option, as follows: a. Download and uncompress either ZIP or TAR archive files. The uncompressed archive contains the JDBC driver (.jar). b. Copy the mysql-connector-java-version-bin.jar file to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib directory.

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

*- put .jar file to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib/ directory.
and not in /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/ directory.
*- don't use .jar file of windows on Linux, ...

1. Download the MySQL Connector/J driver, version 5.1.24 or later (mysql-connector-java-*-bin.jar).
  2. For Unix, Linux, and OS X, select the Platform Independent driver option, as follows: a. Download and uncompress either ZIP or TAR archive files. The uncompressed archive contains the JDBC driver (.jar). b. Copy the mysql-connector-java-version-bin.jar file to the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_app_db_connect/bin/lib directory.

psobisch
Path Finder

I downvoted this post because he was talking about mssql, not mysql.

0 Karma

ctaf
Contributor

Ohhhh you were right, I put in in /bin and not in /bin/lib.. Silly me. Thanks !

0 Karma

phaninadendla

Initial question was referred to Microsoft SqlServer db connectivity issue. But, in the accepted answer I see the references to "MySQL".
Is this solution work?

I am not sure which option to be used to connect SQLServer database from Splunk DB Connect app as I see there are 5 different options from the dropdown.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...