All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect 2: Why am I getting "Internal Server Error" trying to validate a connection with a DB2 database?

nxs6890

Trying to set up a DB2 database connection with Splunk DB Connect 2, but whenever I try to validate, I get an "Internal Server Error". Would you all have any ideas on how to get around this problem? Thanks! Still pretty new to Splunk.

0 Karma

tjohnson2
Explorer

After looking over my issue with DB Connect 2, I'm receiving a similar issue. I'm getting "Internal Server Error" on the GUI and in the dbx2.logs i'm getting the following:

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
10/28/2015 15:53:50 [WARNING] [health.py] Validating connection with URL [jdbc:mysql://172.26.6.174:3306/snort] failed: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
10/28/2015 15:53:50 [ERROR] [rh_connections.py] exception Validating connection with URL [jdbc:mysql://172.26.6.174:3306/snort] failed: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException:com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Any thoughts?

0 Karma

venkat_guda

Hi

Even I am getting stuck at the same issue.
Can you please help me out?

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

To troubleshoot Splunk, you can search

index=_internal source=*dbx2.log

If it says it's timing out, try increasing the timeout in web.conf.

0 Karma

nxs6890

It does not say it is timing out. This is what it says specifically:

[ERROR] [rh_connections.py] exception Validating connection with URL [jdbc:db2://xxx.xx.x.x:50000/BITSOI] failed: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException:com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][4.19.26] Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server /xxx.xx.xx.x on port 50,000 with message: Connection refused: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

cool, so you should correct the problem with opening that socket to the database. It says connection refused, so that could be credentials, or it could be security settings, or it might be wrong java or jdbc driver

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...