All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Calculating Time Difference

anitaroseline

Dear All,

I need to calculate time difference for 2 time stamps as below:

alt text

Query:
source="E:\Data Upload to Splunk\CSL_KM_Reports\EMAIL\test.csv" host="DE2VS567" index="csl_km" sourcetype="csv" date_month="october" | eval field=split(Subject,"DEOLYCLO02") | rename field as "EmailRecTime" ,date_month as Month | eval earliesttime=strptime(EmailRecTime,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")| eval latesttime=strptime(Date,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S") | eval diff = tostring(earliesttime-latesttime,"duration")| eval diff1 = round(diff/60/60/24) | eval duration2=replace(diff,"(\d*)+*(\d+):(\d+):(\d+)","\1 days \2 hours \3 minutes \4 secs") | eval status_code=case(diff>="00:02:00.000000", "NOTMET" ,diff<="00:02:00.000000", "MET") | table ClusterName,Month,EmailRecTime,Date,latesttime,earliesttime,diff,duration2,status_code

My first column has earliest time to be less that latestime and Diff output is blank.Please help on this.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

If you subtract the latesttime from the earliesttime as per your search it returns a negative number. That's why you're not getting a duration.

0 Karma

anitaroseline

Thanks i have fixed it

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...