All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure - dashboards not rendering in templates

rtafoya
Explorer

Running Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure 1.0.1 - (Never had 1.0 installed).
On Splunk 6.1.1 installed on Windows Server 2012.

If I navigate to "Dashboards -> View Dashboards" and pull up the dashboards individually, they all render properly and give me data.
However, When I navigate to "Active Directory -> Active Directory Overview" the dashboard does not render in the page at all. This happens when navigating to any of the pages under "Windows" or "Active Directory" headings.
To be specific, when clicking on "Active Directory Overview" Splunk attempts to load '/dj/en-us/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/ad/ops_topology/'. This is then trying to load the "ops_topology.html" page located in %SplunkHome%/etc/apps/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/django/splunk_pp_windows_infrastructure/template/ad

The ops_topology.html page is attempting to render the "ActiveDirectory.TopologyReport646" via java script and it would seem that this is not working...
I tried a clean install of splunk 6.1.1 and the Windows Infrastructure application in a lab environment and got the same behavior.

Any ideas?

requirejs.config({ urlArgs: "bust=208393" });
require(['jquery', 'splunk_app_windows_infrastructure/paletterenderer'], function($, renderer) {
            renderer.render($('#splunk-app-microsoft-panel-container'), "ActiveDirectory.TopologyReport646");
        });
1 Solution

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This likely is a bug (MSAPP-2633) that has been fixed and will be addressed in an update soon. While I cannot give details on when a release is planned, I can advise that we are aware of it.

Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rbal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes. issue is fixed in latest release -Windows Infra 1.0.2

0 Karma

SGun
Explorer

There is still a problem with this in the new version V1.2,Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure - dashboards not rendering in templates

Note there is still a problem in V1.2 with not displaying Dashboards.

0 Karma

tkwaller
Builder

Anyone know if this is still an issue? Seem to be having this issue with version 1.2.1
Any idea?
Thanks!

0 Karma

malmoore
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This likely is a bug (MSAPP-2633) that has been fixed and will be addressed in an update soon. While I cannot give details on when a release is planned, I can advise that we are aware of it.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Karma

rtafoya
Explorer

Looks like Splunk app for windows infrastructure 1.0.2 released today and has corrected this issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...