All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Web Analytics: Eventtype not found or disabled

rmsit
Communicator

Hi,

After upgrading to version 1.42 I am now receiving the errors below. Should I make the changes again that worked above?
1.Eventtype 'pageview' does not exist or is disabled.
2.Eventtype 'web-traffic' does not exist or is disabled.

Thanks,
James

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi James

I see two things that can cause this.

1. With version 1.42 I moved all objects to "App" visibility. Before they were Global. If you have a dashboard outside the scope of the app, the eventtypes will not work. You can get around this by manually going to the eventttypes and changing the Permissions to Global for these two eventtypes.
  2. The changes you applied last time to fix that issue might interfere with the new version of the app. Perhaps you can modify the local files in SplunkAppForWebAnalytics to revert the changes?

j

0 Karma

rmsit
Communicator

Resolved! I made sure the permissions on all eventtypes were consistent with App. I had one eventype set to global which caused the warnings to appear. Thanks for your help!

0 Karma

jbjerke_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Great! I'll add this to the troubleshooting section of the docs. Other users might experience the same thing.

j

0 Karma

rmsit
Communicator

Hi Johan,

I have removed the custom eventtypes file and changed the permissions to global with the same results All of my dashboards outside of SplunkAppForWebAnalytics are showing that eventypes pageview or web-traffic do not exist. Inside the app I see that eventtype "social-*" does not exist or is disabled.

I forgot to mention that the notification is prefixed by the indexer name and not the search head. Could this have anything to do with the indexer? I do not have the app installed there.

Thanks,
James

0 Karma

rmsit
Communicator

I checked the default eventypes.conf and do not see eventype "social-*".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...