All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk App for Jenkins: I get results running searches, but why is no data appearing in dashboards?

yossi

hi

Recently, I have installed the Splunk App for Jenkins from Splunkbase. I configured it all by the book, but unfortunately, I cannot see any data on app dashboards.

Configuration process:
1. i v enabled HTTP Event Collector on Splunk.
2. created token for Jenkins use- chooses to allow Jenkins indexes (jenkins,jenkins_statistics,jenkins_console,jenkins_artifact)
3. on Jenkins iv configured it with all default settings

What is working is that in the main search, there is data from Jenkins.
I can search all indexes and find data.
The only problem is with the app - all tabs are missing data

Splunk ver: 6.4.1
App ver: 1.0.2

What am I missing? Please advise.
Thanks

0 Karma

txiao_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I updated the wiki https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Splunk+Plugin+for+Jenkins section 2.1. Metadata configuration

For Splunk 6.3.x or 6.4.x, please adjust the default sourcetype to _json in advance section(please remove it if Splunk get upgraded to latest version otherwise data will be extracted twice)
alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...