All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for NetApp Data ONTAP: Why is the add-on not installing the package components?

maheshsn
Explorer

Hello,
When I try to install the Splunk Add-on for NetApp Data ONTAP from the downloaded .tgz file, it gives an error : “There was an error processing the upload.Invalid app contents: archive contains more than one immediate subdirectory: and SA-VMNet AppUtils”. It is not installing the following 3 components. However if I browse the add-on and install from my Splunk Windows instance, then it only installs “SA-Hydra” which does not provide option to configure data collection nodes. It would be great if anyone installed this add-on provide some guidance on how to make this add-on work.

1. Splunk_TA_ontap is the data collection component of the data collection node.
  2. SA-VMNetAppUtils contains the support files for SA-Hydra and Splunk_TA_ontap.
  3. SA-Hydra runs the worker processes on the data collection node
0 Karma
1 Solution

pmakwana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think you will get this error while installing the netapp addon using splunkweb UI since the splunk-add-on-for-netapp-data-ontap_215.tgz contains three different apps (Splunk_TA_ontap, SA-Hydra and SA-VMNetAppUtils) and it is not supported. We can use splunkweb to install the apps only when the .tgz file contains single app.

To successfully install the netapp addon you need to untar/extract the all the apps into $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps directory and restart the splunk.

Please follow the below installation guide,
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/NetApp/Install

Let us know if you are still facing any issues.

Thanks,
Pratik

View solution in original post

pmakwana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think you will get this error while installing the netapp addon using splunkweb UI since the splunk-add-on-for-netapp-data-ontap_215.tgz contains three different apps (Splunk_TA_ontap, SA-Hydra and SA-VMNetAppUtils) and it is not supported. We can use splunkweb to install the apps only when the .tgz file contains single app.

To successfully install the netapp addon you need to untar/extract the all the apps into $SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps directory and restart the splunk.

Please follow the below installation guide,
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/NetApp/Install

Let us know if you are still facing any issues.

Thanks,
Pratik

maheshsn
Explorer

Hi Pratik,
Thank you for your response. I had tried this before but I did not realize that splunk restarts on https. I tried HTTPS and I was able to see all the 3 add-on components. I tired suing standalone windows server as well as using the forwarder. I followed the below steps but still it is not collecting Netapp data. Any help to resolve this is greatly appreciated.

I configured the Data Collection Nodes & ONTAP Collection which say connection and credentials are valid and started the schedule to collect the data. However, I am still is not collecting any data, I am getting following error in SplunkD log: ERROR : ExecProcessor - raise ValueError("Private Key: '%s' Not Found" % global_cfg['server.ssl_private_key'])
02-24-2017 55:54.251 +0000 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python "\SA-Hydra\bin\bootstrap_hydra_gateway.py"" ValueError: Private Key: '<>' Not Found

I checked with windows admin, they are not having any privkey.pem that I can use.

Thanks
mahesh

0 Karma

pmakwana_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mahesh,

NetApp addon should be installed on the Linux environments. It is one of the basic requirements for this addon to work correctly.

Please refer the below documentation:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/NetApp/Hardwareandsoftwarerequirements

So please try installing this addon on any linux environment and check again.
Let us know if you still face any issues.

Thanks,
Pratik

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...