All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager: New SCOMManagementGroupConnection Fail: Unable to find type [System.Net.WebUtility]

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Greetings Splunk Ninjas!

I have installed the SCOM add-on, configured it using an account which has both administrative rights to the SCOM server, and SCOM console. Further, I have verified the GET-SCOM* commands work inside the server Powershell. However, when initializing the application, the message is repeated in the log: index=_internal source=*ta_scom.log

2016-06-02 07:03:39 -04:00 [ERROR] New SCOMManagementGroupConnection Fail: Unable to find type [System.Net.WebUtility]: make sure that the assembly containing this type is loaded.
0 Karma
1 Solution

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

did you install the add-on on the SCOM console server? Are you using HW forwarder?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

did you install the add-on on the SCOM console server? Are you using HW forwarder?

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Thank you. I will do that and follow up here with the answer.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i would suggest to file a support ticket and attach diag for us to take a look. It might be easier that way.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Data has stopped all of a sudden. index=_internal source=*ta_scom.log shows no results.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

I installed the Add-on using the Splunk Enterprise Server. It shows up as an app.

0 Karma

ehaddad_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to have the add-on installed on a HFW or Light W. forwarder and on the console server for data collection.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/MSSCOM/Install
from the doc:
Splunk recommends using a heavy forwarder for data collection because the add-on requires Python and the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SCOM UI is recommended to configure inputs. The Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SCOM and the forwarder must be installed on the same machine as the SCOM Operations console.

0 Karma

jaxjohnny
Path Finder

Thank you. I am getting data now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...