All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for F5 BIG-IP and bot defense logs/events

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

We've been using the Splunk Add-on for F5 BIG-IP to forward F5 ASM events to our syslog cluster (two Linux servers) that have a Splunk UF installed and monitoring the F5 directory. This configuration has been running for two years with no problems as Splunk ingests the ASM F5 logs/events.

Today in the F5 GUI, I enabled the forwarding of bot defense logs/events to the syslog cluster using the same port and when I check the log file on the syslog cluster, I see the raw bot defense events, but when I check Splunk, I am not seeing the events at all.

Any ideas as to why these raw events aren't being picked up?

Thx

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...