All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Add-on for Box works on 7.3.2 but on 7.3.3 it gives [Loading] Input page

yuichirosuzuki
Explorer

Hi,

I faced the issue with Splunk Add-on for Box.

Splunk Enterprise(Single Instance):7.3.3 OS:Cent 8 / Win10
Splunk Add-on for Box:2.1
-> Inputs page is stacked [Loading]

Splunk Enterprise(Single Instance):7.3.2 OS:Cent 8 / Win10
Splunk Add-on for Box:2.1
-> Inputs page is displayed normal.

both I did minimum setting change
1. install Splunk Enterprise
2. enable SSL
3. install Apps:Splunk Add-on for Box
4.issue happen

Does anyone have workaround or information ?
Thanks,

howyagoin
Contributor

I probably should have made my Comment a possible Answer, sorry.

This is what I put in my box.conf file for the 7.3.3 system. The values came from a previously working Box app installation on an older Splunk. Likely these field names will help. The rest of the solution was just setting up authentication and/or proxy settings.

Worked for me.

[box_default]
folder_fields = type,id,name,size,sequence_id,etag,item_status,permissions,created_at,modified_at,has_collaborations,can_non_owners_invite,tags,created_by,modified_by,parent,path_collection,shared_link
collaboration_fields = type,id,created_by,created_at,modified_at,expires_at,status,accessible_by,role,acknowledged_at,item
file_fields = type,id,name,owned_by,comment_count,version_number,created_at,modified_at,purged_at,trashed_at,size,content_created_at,content_modified_at,file_version,description,path_collection,shared_link
task_fields = type,id,item,due_at,action,message,is_completed,created_by,created_at
comment_fields = type,id,is_reply_comment,message,tagged_message,item,modified_at,created_by,created_at
user_fields = type,id,name,login,created_at,modified_at,role,timezone,space_amount,space_used,max_upload_size,can_see_managed_users,is_external_collab_restricted,status,job_title,phone,address,avatar_url,is_exempt_from_device_limits,is_exempt_from_login_verification,enterprise,my_tags
created_after =
collection_interval = 120
priority = 10
record_count = 500
use_thread_pool = 1
url = https://api.box.com
restapi_base = https://api.box.com/2.0
disable_ssl_certificate_validation = False
0 Karma

howyagoin
Contributor

My workaround for this problem was to go to an older Box setup and copy the box.conf file to a newer system, which seems to have set most of the settings correctly.

folder_fields = type,id,name,size,sequence_id,etag,item_status,permissions,created_at,modified_at,has_collaborations,can_non_owners_invite,tags,created_by,modified_by,parent,path_collection,shared_link
collaboration_fields = type,id,created_by,created_at,modified_at,expires_at,status,accessible_by,role,acknowledged_at,item
file_fields = type,id,name,owned_by,comment_count,version_number,created_at,modified_at,purged_at,trashed_at,size,content_created_at,content_modified_at,file_version,description,path_collection,shared_link
task_fields = type,id,item,due_at,action,message,is_completed,created_by,created_at
comment_fields = type,id,is_reply_comment,message,tagged_message,item,modified_at,created_by,created_at
user_fields = type,id,name,login,created_at,modified_at,role,timezone,space_amount,space_used,max_upload_size,can_see_managed_users,is_external_collab_restricted,status,job_title,phone,address,avatar_url,is_exempt_from_device_limits,is_exempt_from_login_verification,enterprise,my_tags
created_after =
collection_interval = 120
priority = 10
record_count = 500
use_thread_pool = 1
url = https://api.box.com
restapi_base = https://api.box.com/2.0
disable_ssl_certificate_validation = False

From there, it was mostly a matter of configuring the Box app to work with/without a proxy, sort out the account name, tokens, and so on - just as per the documentation.

0 Karma

fahmed11
Explorer

I see this box.conf file with these configs already in /splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_box/default/ on Splunk 7.3.3.

Did your add-on work after this?

0 Karma

yuichirosuzuki
Explorer

Thank you for your information.

[Data inputs] page will be one of the workaound if we know how to fill in.

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

I face the same problem.
But I was able to avoid it by following steps.

1. Login to Splunk Web
  2. Open [Settings]
  3. Open [Data inputs]
  4. Open [Splunk Add-on for Box]
  5. Open [New]

However, the settings are different from the default settings page of Box Add-on, so you need to know what to set.

0 Karma

fahmed11
Explorer

Can you provide instructions on how to fill this out for the Box add-on?

0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

I face the same problem.
Just installing Add-on, 7.3.3 didn't display inputs page, but 7.3.2 displayed it.

0 Karma

yuichirosuzuki
Explorer

I shoud use [stuck] not [stack].. sorry for typo.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...