All Apps and Add-ons
Highlighted

[Sideview Utils] How to reset the switcher group value

Contributor

Hello!

I have a very simple architectural question about sideview utils (just tried the awesome 2.2).

I want to create a sort of header that have the following architecture:

First static pulldown (P1)
                             |
                         Switcher (S1)
                             |
  Second pulldown (P2) that show up only on a given value of P1
                             |
           Third pulldown (P3) that is always displayed (no matter of the upstream selected values)
                             |
           whole subtree of module that are always displayed,
      but that needs the values from P1, P2 (if present) and P3 to perform searches

The problem is a long as I put S1 into the tree, all the downstream modules aren't always displayed, either they are never displayed (if I change their group to something that doesn't exists in P1), or displayed only when P1 selected value corresponds to P2 group (if I left the group to default), which is the logical behavior in both case.

However I would like to "reset" the group selection after P2, so that all the module subtree is displayed whatever value is selected inside P1.

I was thinking in setting another switcher between P2 and P3 with no value as param on which to switch so that P3 is always displayed, but I cannot make it working.

I don't know if it is really clear but I can give an example view of what I want if needed.

Any idea will be helpfull, Thanks !

Highlighted

Re: [Sideview Utils] How to reset the switcher group value

Contributor

Maybe just having some sort of wildcard in the group matching of downstream will be enough, I don't know if it is possible thow.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

Instead of trying to achieve this using a switcher module, I have created a custom behavior for the second pulldown module that hides himself depending on the value of the first pulldown, and everything works fine now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's the way to go. I'm glad you figured it out. It's getting to the point where I need to write up a little tutorial for how to do conditional show/hide customBehaviors like this.

0 Karma