All Apps and Add-ons

Show schedule report on dashboard

indeed_2000
Motivator

Hi

I have schedule report that generate every morning, I want to show result quickly in dashboard.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

indeed_2000
Motivator

how put embedded report on dashboard?, seems required enable iframe and it does security concern.

is there any other better way to do this?

Any idea?

Thanks,

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @indeed_2000,

this is the only way to embed a report.

I you don't want iframe you cannot use this approach and you have to come back to summary indexes.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

indeed_2000
Motivator

1-would you please explain more, I enable embedded report, and summary index for my report and splunk give me a link of that report. what should I do in next step?

2-How put it on dashboard?

3-what happen every time this schedule report run? does it consume disk or cleanup data after summary report generated?

I also check summary index noting there!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @indeed_2000,

1) 2)

to embed report, you have to follow the steps described in the above link, in othe words, put the link in your dashboard.

3)

Summery report use disk space, but not so much, anyway can configure a low retency on your summary index (e.g. 24 hours) so this isn't a problem.

results of the scheduled report are saved in the dispatched folder and they remain there until the validity of these results (usually 24 hours).

About results in the summary indexes, check the scheduled search:

you can see the last execution time and the results of this running; in addition you can manually execute it.

If you continue to have any results, check the search execution (the full search without the last row), with special attention to the time frame that you're using.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

indeed_2000
Motivator

would you please copy past here a sample dashboard code that you mention?

Thanks,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...