All Apps and Add-ons

Send syslog to Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux (native)

kramerni
Engager

Hi all!

I have to install a Splunk server and a universal forwarder (as a syslogserver). To the UF, I send data from the firewall, switches and access points.

I use the native log forwarding methods from the devices to send the data to the UF.

Now I have to create some dashboards, including when a device is reachable, down, critical...(ping?)
Or also the bandwith from the firewall...

For these, I want to use the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux on the UF, and then the APP on the Server.

Is it possible to send the data from the device to the UF (with Add-on installed) without installing a UF on the firewall or switches?

Or is there maybe a preferable way to deploy it, with another app or something?

Thanks for your help!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Of course. The easiest way to agentlessly send events to Splunk is with the Http Event Collector:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Data/UsetheHTTPEventCollector

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...