All Apps and Add-ons

Send Splunk alert to an individual in slack

mtrochym
Observer

I was wondering if I can send a Splunk alert directly to an individual in slack. I know can @mention them in a channel with their <@islackid> etc, but I am looking to send an alert directly to an individual (or individuals) from Splunk, instead of sending it directly to a channel.

Something like:

mtrochym_0-1709122799306.png

or? (neither work).

mtrochym_0-1709124507357.png

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

mtrochym
Observer

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

mtrochym
Observer

Those are installed and none seem to allow that action. They allow you to just send to slack channel. I would like to send to an individual user in slack. I have tried all combinations in the slack config

@User, #user, @<slackid>, #<slackid>, etc..nothing. (we don't allow webhooks into our slack (security reasons, so that rules that option out as well)).

0 Karma

shraddhagrawal

Hi, were you able to solve this? I need to tag a person(alert specific) in a single channel.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...