All Apps and Add-ons

Security Essentials - Why is a large percentage of content appearing under Any Splunk Logs?

mjuestel2
Explorer

I am in the process of mapping our use-cases that we have within Splunk / Enterprise Security to Mitre, and am also trying to organize them a bit.

I'm using Splunk Security Essentials 3.6 and have a question concerning Any Splunk Logs.

On the Content Introspection screen - some of my use-cases are organized into different categories such as AWS, Application Load Balance, Authentication, Anti-virus etc.

However, a large percentage of my content just appears under the Any Splunk Logs heading - how can I change this??

I even went back to the Data Inventory screen... and manually defined some of the indexes and sourcetypes to other categories, but nothing has changed.

Help!!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...