All Apps and Add-ons

Search is waiting for input for Threat subtypes, Threat Sev and Incident Investigation

davey1020

Hi all,

Seem to not be getting much except Network Incidents Per Hour with new Splunk 7 install and New Palo Alto Networks App and Add-on.

When I click on 'Open in Search' I get 'undefined' in the search window. Any ideas what I may be missing? Everything installed stock. Firewalls sysloging directly to Spunk UDP 520, see different logs for traffic, threat, system on the search page.

Thanks for any ideas folks may have,

0 Karma
1 Solution

btorresgil
Builder

Hello, which panels are not populating that you expect to populate? If you're only sending Firewall/Panorama logs with types of traffic, threat, and system, then in the new 'All Incidents' dashboard you would only see "Network Incidents Per Hour". The other 'per hour' trend graphs are populated by other products or logs and you'll need these to see these incidents.

For more information, click the tooltip next to the dashboard's title, then click 'More...' Or see the dashboard's documentation here:
https://splunk.paloaltonetworks.com/dashboards.html#incidents

View solution in original post

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

Hello, which panels are not populating that you expect to populate? If you're only sending Firewall/Panorama logs with types of traffic, threat, and system, then in the new 'All Incidents' dashboard you would only see "Network Incidents Per Hour". The other 'per hour' trend graphs are populated by other products or logs and you'll need these to see these incidents.

For more information, click the tooltip next to the dashboard's title, then click 'More...' Or see the dashboard's documentation here:
https://splunk.paloaltonetworks.com/dashboards.html#incidents

0 Karma

davey1020

Thanks for the insight on the dashboards. Much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...