All Apps and Add-ons

SSL Issue in testing LOCAL Splunk : [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate

abhvarma

Hi Team, 

I am facing the below error while testing in my local SPLUNK web v9 while connecting with Chronicle Instance.
[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)
I have created a python app to upload it in Splunk. 
Have created a request_fn where below line of code is being executed -

requests.get(host + url, verify=False, **kwargs)

I made sure that SSL verification is disabled in Python code (above verify=False) and also I have disabled it from splunk settings - Server Settings > General > Https SSL set to NO 

Enable SSL (HTTPS) in Splunk Web? - NO

also Have checked the webconf file where SSL is set to 0 (no)

[settings]
enableSplunkWebSSL = 0

But still when my SPLUNK LOCAL WEB is trying to make the http request it is giving SSL error - 
[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1106)

Does anybody has any clue or faced the same issue ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...

Splunk Smartness with Brandon Sternfield | Episode 3

Hello and welcome to another episode of "Splunk Smartness," the interview series where we explore the power of ...