All Apps and Add-ons

SPLUNK DB Connect - failed_to_get_the_conf OR ConfReadException

sureshwalmart
Explorer

Hi

I am trying to push the data from Splunk to a database. I have installed SPLUNK DB Connect in a Search Cluster and configured connection and output (datalab). The data is not getting inserted to DB. I am observing the below errors in _internal logs.

2019-07-03 19:22:03.702 +0000 [dw-254 - PUT /api/outputs/ASDA_APAOOS_DAILY_Report] WARN c.s.dbx.server.dboutput.task.DbOutputTaskLoader - failed to read output ASDA_APAOOS_DAILY_Report com.splunk.dbx.exception.ConfReadException: Error(s) occur when reading ASDA_APAOOS_DAILY_Report.

2019-07-03 19:22:03.702 +0000 [dw-254 - PUT /api/outputs/ASDA_APAOOS_DAILY_Report] ERROR c.s.d.m.repository.DefaultConfigurationRepository - action=failed_to_get_the_conf reason=HTTP 401 -- call not properly authenticated

Has anyone faced this problem before? Please provide your suggestions for resolving this issue.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

I don't know which version of DB Connect are you using but DB Connect Output is not supported on Search Head Cluster https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.4/DeployDBX/Distributeddeployment

DB Connect does not allow you to run scheduled inputs and outputs on a search head cluster from DB Connect 3.x.x. If you want to perform the scheduled tasks, you must run them on a heavy forwarder.

0 Karma

sureshwalmart
Explorer

Thanks a lot @harsmarvania57 . I will try with heavy fowarder.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...