All Apps and Add-ons

SMTPSenderRefused: (530, 'Authentication required', 'splunk@xyz.com')

hughkelley
Path Finder

Does Sendresults use the same username and password defined for sendemail?

I've seen a note in the Splunk docs that says "If you are sending an email notification to a server that requires SMTP authentication, you must have the admin role assigned."

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Alert/Emailnotification#Configure_email_notificat...

Tags (1)
0 Karma

mockd
Path Finder

Hi!

Yes, sendresults uses the same SMTP configuration that the built-in email capabilities and as such has the same role requirements as the documentation outlines.

Derek.

0 Karma

hughkelley
Path Finder

I can understand why that might be the issue if I used the sendresults command inline, but I even see this error during a scheduled report. I would have expected it to use the same logic as the base "send email action", which I can schedule.

from index=_internal sourcetype=sendresults:log

2019-08-07 12:50:21,859 ERROR invocation_id=1565182221.77:80484 invocation_type="action" msg="Could not send email" rcpt="a@xyz.com,h@xyz.com" error="(530, 'Authentication required', u'splunk@xyz.com')"
0 Karma

mockd
Path Finder

Yes, I've looked into it, and that's a known issue with sendresults. We are looking at doing a new release in time for .conf and will see if we can match the native Splunk functionality.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...